Pages

Jun 29, 2009

Out in paper this week and a question

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Larsson. We have loads of copies at the store and by the time you've finished you won't have to wait long for The Girl Who Played With Fire, the next in the trilogy

I'm throwing this out there because I don't know the answer and maybe one of you does. A customer asked me why all the new books she wants to read are in hardback, 'why can't they go straight to paperback' I'm wondering if a film anaology might work here, straight to paperback being the equivalent of straight to video in the mind of the author. Because I used to travel a lot I know about the 'airport editions' but for most people - me included - who want to take a good thriller (or romance if that's your thing) to the beach or poolside in Vegas you don't want a hardback because a) you might end up with carpal tunnel and b) you run the risk of braining yourself with the likes of Verghese or Ruiz Zafon.

Agent quest update - thanks for all the e-mails and in-store verbal encouragement - no luck yet I sent this weeks ten queries off this morning 5 e and 5 snail.

No comments: