Pages

Mar 28, 2008

Finally writing again - review of Compulsion

We've been back since Monday and today is the first time I've written anything. 599 words but this is a bit of puzzle piece, not quite sure where to stick it or even if I'll use it at all.....

I'm reading an arc of William Dietrich's Rosetta Key. I started it last night at the Art Barn in between setting up and waiting for people to arrive for the event - no I didn't read it in front of anyone else. One of my Uncles who has long since passed away used to spin stories of his exploits in India and the Far East and I used to lap them up. Dietrich's Ethan Gage, reminds me of him and now I have to find Napoleon's Pyramids because that seems to be the first book in the series. Again more fic-history - this one comes out next week.

Also trying to get hold of an arc for The Host - the new Stephenie Meyer - nothing to do with the Twilight series. She's coming to SLC in May and we're hosting (no pun intended!) her.

I reviewed Compulsion before we went away but it's out now so here's the review.

Ten years ago murder made him a millionaire and now he’s turned it into a hobby.

LAPD Detective Milo Sturgis returns from an extended sick leave to zero case load. Then a girl goes missing, a harmless old lady is attacked in her front yard and across the country a serial murderer claims he killed missing 16 year old Antoine Beverly. Swamped, Milo calls on Dr Alex Delaware for help. Alex travels from the bright lights of New York city to a forgotten ghost town North of LA. He and Milo are on the trail of a crafty killer whose twisted ‘benevolence’ leaves a trail of bodies in his wake. Can they catch him before he kills again?

No comments: