Pages

Jan 18, 2010

Monday Roundup

Netherland done and dusted - will save my comments for book club as the title has been out in paper for ages. Read the Nikki Heat book in one sitting, good story, nice pacing, I think 'Richard Castle' should write another one. Also reading Birdman - the first of Mo Hayder's Jack Caffrey books - gritty would be an understatement. I read an interview with Hayder the other day and the following excerpt made me laugh out loud

"While staying with my brother at our father's farmhouse in the south of France, we had a competition to see who could read the most of Ulysses before he/she lost the will to live. I won at 96 pages. Victorious, I threw the book out of the window and nearly killed the neighbor, who'd been in dispute with my father for years over a boundary. Sorry, I'm a heathen, but I believe nearly killing that irritating git was the greatest contribution Ulysses ever made to the human race."

There are a couple of arcs I want to get my hands on but they haven't been assigned yet. 212 by Alafair Burke and the follow up to Suarez's Damon. Oh and I picked up a copy of the new Bryant and May - Bryant and May on the Loose by Christopher Fowler.

No comments: