Pages

Nov 8, 2010

Broken - Karin Fossum

Fossum writes dark tales so I knew what I was getting into but this isn't an entry in the Inspector Sejer series.  A female author ( possibly Fossum ) suffers a break-in but the burglar isn't out to steal he's out to persuade for he is a character standing in line waiting for his story to be told.  The author names him and begins to tell  his story but no story moves on without drama and that ingredient comes in the form of a fragile young heroin addict who plants herself in the character's life and may drag him down with her.

I'm still scratching my head, trying to work out if this is Fossum showing us her process and as a writer myself a long line of blank characters waiting patiently in all weathers outside my front door would scare the bejesus out of me.

Nano = 14684

No comments: