Pages

Sep 6, 2011

Gripped by Dead Man's Grip

Dead Man's Grip by Peter James arrived in my box last week and I didn't look at it until this morning and then only in a cursory, 'lets read the first couple of pages and decide' kind of a way.  The book isn't out until December and I'm not 50 pages in yet but I'm hooked.  One of the big reasons is that Peter James has a detective series set in Brighton, Sussex - a place I lived and worked and partied in for many years.  Second good reason - a police procedural with an authentic feel.  Third reason, the writing is tight, short chapters, intriguing plot.  This is a series to read from the beginning.  Will be ordering the first book Dead Simple this afternoon.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oooooo. I want this. Would you mind leaving it in my box? Thank you. You're my favorite English Rose.