Pages

Dec 8, 2011

Time to tell A**zon to dry up!

If you've read Jasper Fforde you'll know about Goliath, the uber corporation that controls everything in Fforde's Thursday Next novels.. Think of Goliath as the love child of Microsoft, the stasi and the worst control freak you can imagine. From now on I'm going to call A**zon Goliath because they want to control everything, they want to destroy any competition and they want their customers to spy for them. We can defeat "Goliath" by shopping local.

Now there are some of you who will read this and say "ah she's just worried about her job" and for those of you who think that "meet me at camera three."

I have always loved books, I am an avid reader and until I found out what damage A**zon can do I used them for all my book purchases. Now I sell books, I am passionate about putting a good book in the hands of a person who will enjoy reading that book. If there is only one source for everything god what a boring world we'll have, we'll all dress alike and read the same books and have the same appliances because there is no other choice. I'm extrapolating to worst case scenario here but I'm making an early new years resolution. From now on I'm going to use A**zon's search engine to find books or DVDs or whatever I'm after and then I'm going to source it locally or through another website that isn't them and (gulp) that includes Zappos and I encourage you to do the same.

Update 1/13 - Abe books is also a front for A**zon - so down to Alibris and Powells for my used books.


No comments: