Pages

Mar 21, 2016

Seven days in the book world with Lynn Kilpatrick

Lynn is a wife, mother, writer, she teaches at Salt Lake Community College, she crossfitts, she blogs, she also officiates at weddings. Her first book 'In The House', a collection of short stories is available now. Lynn used to work at TKE and she live tweets the Oscars every year.

Here is Lynn's week in her own words

"This week was Spring Break, so I got to read more than usual. Last weekend, I read The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson. I'm embarrassed that I haven't read it sooner. It was life-changing in all the best ways!

Once I finished that, I started the 4th book in the Neapolitan series: The Story of the Lost Child (Elena Ferrante). I am making my way through this slowly! I don't want it to end.

On a much needed break from real life, I hung out at the Blue Copper Coffee Room and read Don DeLillo's story "sine, cosine, tangent" from the Feb 22 New Yorker. It was so good, and I was excited to find out it was excerpted from his forthcoming novel, Zero K. And today I started a book, Redirect (Timothy D Wilson), which is about how we can improve our happiness and success simply by changing the stories we tell ourselves. It promises to be an engaging read and, I'm sure, will have a huge impact on my teaching."

Lynn's week in a nutshell

The Argonauts (2015)
The Story of the Lost Child (2014)
Zero K (short story 'sine cosine, tangent) (May 2016)
Redirect (2015)

In the House 9781573661546  is available now
Lynn's blog is Dr Write

No comments: