Pages

Jul 16, 2008

Mars and Venus

I've got a new title for the Men are From Mars Women Venus etc. Mars and Venus writing about sex. It's really funny that I've never noticed it before but when a man writes about sex the woman's doing most of the work and she's usually on her knees (hmmmn so much for sexual equality!) When a woman writes about making love it's a more equal union eye to eye rather than eye to balls. I'm sure some university bod is drumming up money to fund a study about this totally useless piece of information.

It also takes a heck of a lot of imagination not to use your own bedroom antics as a template for your characters! Think about that next time you read a love scene. I think the reason for that comment is that I've just read a rather touching love story wound into a esoteric treasure hunt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! rotfl. So tell me are you using you're bedroom antics in you're writing?

Mystery Girl said...

There are no actual sex scenes in what I'm currently writing, well there's a near miss but it is not drawn from my personal experience.