Pages

Jan 29, 2009

The Alexander Cipher

Finished the Alexander arc and it's good. Comes out in March so I'll post the full review then but I have to say as I was reading it I was casting characters in my head. I don't know if Will Adams intended it to read like a movie but it does and I loved the sly wink at the character of Yusuf Abbas. Adams clearly has as much respect for the SCA head as I do! More rewrites yesterday had to go back and read the whole thing again just to be sure it still holds together. Tomorrow I'm going to take version 3.5 to my lovely colleague Jennifer for her professional opinion. I'll be looking for some more arcs to read but might not get the chance as Winter Institute has started so we're going to get swamped with booksellers my shift should fly by.

No comments: