Pages

Jul 30, 2009

Violet Hour, Fearful Symmetry and plenty of butter

I enjoyed the Violet Hour, Judson has been likened to Ellroy or Raymond Chandler - Judson does misdirection well he also plays around with time a little bit to allow certain things to happen. Towards the end the body count soars and I did have a little voice in the back of my head saying that injuries sustained by one character would make it tough to do what he does but that's the writer in me talking. A few years ago it wouldn't have bothered me.

The Niffenegger - thankfully she hasn't tried to revisit TTW territory - this is not a sequel. It's dense and complex and as well written as time traveller so mark your calendars for September.

Also in bang goes my diet news. TKE has started selling mini's cupcakes one of those cross-promotional things we do with local first in Utah - oh they are soooo good!

No comments: