Pages

Feb 24, 2010

A rare opportunity and say 'yes' week.

The rare opportunity was the chance to get a book talk from a rep and long time friend of the store. Normally the only people meeting with reps are the book buyers. I'm now in a queue for Glob-ish, the EO Wilson novel(!) and yes it's great, Packing for Mars by Mary Roach (she of Bonk, Spook etc) I did manage to snag an arc of The Lonely Polygamist by Bradly Udall and The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg.

Say 'yes' week is a way of stepping out of my comfort zone, the rules being if I can do said activity without relying on someone else to get me there I'll do it. For instance Monday, I was voice talent without a net, Tuesday I put the above book talk over a dental appointment (it was a cancellation - and a bit of a no brainer) Who knows what the rest of the week holds, I don't and I'm okay with that.

No comments: