Pages

Apr 6, 2010

Refreshed and Recharged

My first day back and in between all the little things that help me re-adapt to life in good old SLC, like snow shoveling (I kid you not - it may be April but there was a wedding cake tier's worth on the ground this morning) and of course the quick trip out in the car chanting 'drive on the right, drive on the right' I've been keeping up with my reading.

Whilst we were away I read 'Locked Rooms' by Laurie King, been on my to-read pile for ages and like all King's Mary Russell novels well worth picking up. Wrote a short story and put a bunch of ideas down for my next nano project in November. I wasn't planning to come back with any books - except a copy of the The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest which came out in paperback the same week we left and was therefore sold out - everywhere. The best laid plans however got completely shelved and I got Angelology and Gone - the new Mo Hayder both in paper. Finished Angelology on the plane yesterday. Review to follow. For now will be reading and blurbing Mr Peanut by Adam Ross and Not Untrue and Not Unkind by Ed O'Loughlin.

No comments: