Pages

Apr 13, 2011

Winter - you're fired

Seriously this much snow in April.  Enough already!

Hubby is in Atlanta and this week's vanishing before my eyes.  I did manage to get a lot of reading done.  The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson is non-fiction and comes out in May and I know he's doing an interview on NPR so hopefully we will be able to get plenty of copies.  Armed with the verbal and non verbal cues that psychopaths exhibit Ronson, interviews former CEOs, a patient in broadmoor, has a brush with scientology and meets a former spy with messianic tendencies.  I would like to have seen him journey into the corridors of power in Washington DC and our very own houses of parliament where imho you can't throw a stone without hitting a dozen of them.  Oh and the difference between Psychopath and Sociopath - there isn't one. 

On a lighter note, read the second Stephen Chance book Septimus and the Minster Ghost, which is a gentle mystery and Dead Run by PJ Tracy which is not!

Last night was the Rita Mae Brown reading and I went along because when I get the chance I like to hear authors talk and Rita Mae did just that, instead of reading from her book she talked about all sorts of things.  She made us laugh, she imparted a little of her process, and it was a pleasure to shake her hand and get the book signed.  Also nice to hang out with Wendy, some of her bookclub ladies and Paige.  Only one assigned book this week which is Eoin Colfer's (the Artemis Fowl guy)  new thriller Plugged, and a book which Ice Cold Crime sent me for review, the rest is gravy, lots of gravy.  Today I have to write a blurb for Psychopath Test and order the next PJ Tracy from the store, it'll be odd working tonight.

No comments: