Pages

Jul 27, 2012

A New York state of mind??

One of the things I love about being an indie bookseller is that when a recommendation sticks you get people coming back wanting to read more of what you like. I love to chat with these customers because they can recommend new authors to me and also a chance comment can spur me on to do a bit of research.

In this case mysteries set in New York. I came up with a few on the spot but, just like last year when I researched mysteries set in Chicago none sprang into my mind. Now I have not only a serious amount of new (to me) reading material but for the next update of the mystery menu a section entitled 'Cosmos' or 'Appletinis' All of these authors have books set in NY

SJ Rozan

Jean Zimmerman

Walter Mosley

Amanda Cross

Lawrence Block

Linda Fairstein

Tim McLoughlin

Jed Rubenfeld

Caleb Carr

Harlen Coben

No comments: