Pages

Aug 30, 2007

A sudden rush of ideas to the head

I've got so many ideas at the moment that I just keep churning them out. Which is really cool in one way but easy distraction in another. But I really need to concentrate on my main project. Yesterday was critique day and as usual I got a bunch of feedback and ideas it really is amazing how a fresh pair of eyes can pick out something or better yet fix a problem you've been wrestling with for months. Dialogue is my key strength but I need to balance it with the other elements.

I'm trying to figure out how many people it is ok to use in a chapter without confusing the reader. Also trying to get these changes complete before I go off on vacation. This is why no books this week. Although there is one called Ice Station by Matt Reilly which I've been meaning to read. The editor I talked with recommended it (80 - count them - page action sequence at the start of the book) he said it was a good example of pacing. I'll read it when I get back. Break out the Bikinis and Margaritas:-)

No comments: