Pages

Aug 27, 2008

The Victoria Vanishes

I've never read any Christopher Fowler but we had an arc for his new one so I took a look. Loved it - his peculiar crimes unit is right up my street. So much so that I've bought 'The Water Room' (second book I've bought this week it must be coming up to payday!) because we didn't have the first one in the series so I'm reading them in reverse order.

The new book comes out in October so I'll review it then. Fowler lives in London and it shows and Bryant and May are two pretty unique characters as are the rest of the squad. If you like your mysteries a little (ok a lot) on the weird side the match boys are for you (Bryant and May is a well-known brand of matches in UK) I would highly recommend these books to fans of Jasper Fforde, Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

Oh and third draft nearing completion.

No comments: