Pages

Apr 8, 2015

Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman

One of my top five authors, Neil Gaiman is consistently inventive. From Sandman to American Gods and every place in between (Good Omens, the collaboration between Gaiman and Terry Pratchett is still a book that I can reread and find something new, I do not recommend taking it on a plane journey though, your laughter may annoy the person next to you) .

I picked up a copy of Trigger Warning weeks ago, another collection of short stories, with a warning at the front which is longer than most of the stories. Knowing that I had at least one Sherlock Holmes story and even a Doctor Who short to look forward to I planned to savour it one story at a time.

Didn't happen, I read the whole thing in one sitting. Trigger runs the gamut from a little poetry, to scary bedtime stories, skewed fairy tales, life changing honey, the battle of 2012  and Shadow (from American Gods) as well as the 11th Doc and Amy Pond and of course the world's greatest detective.

If you can read just one story and put the book down you have way more self control than I do. Just dive in, head first and enjoy Gaiman's playful imagination.

No comments: