Pages

Oct 8, 2008

New shift pattern rewrites and a creepy arc

So this week is the start of the 'new' shift pattern. Considering what a grinder that Monday shift is I was allowed an 'off the premises' lunch break. I embraced this by going to Sbucks with the first arc I could grab off the pile. 'The Angel Maker' by Stefan Brijs which I'll review in full when it comes out in January of 09. Creepy, really creepy, it gives you that unsettling feeling of seeing something nasty out of the corner of your eye and then you blink and it's not there. If I was younger this would be giving me nightmares. Good Halloween book.

Rewrites - I'm going to do another draft. Wendy is reading my manuscript at the moment and has given me some great feedback and constructive advice (thanks Wendy!). I spent my Saturday morning in bed with the laptop re-writing a scene in the third person so that I can make it more powerful.

And it seems to be the week for blasts from the past. I signed up to Friends Reunited 3 or 4 years ago put my profile up and actually forgot I'd done it. At the time it cost five pounds to sign up for a year so at the end of that year I let it lapse but the profile stayed up. Last week I got an e-mail from a guy I used to work with and when I went onto the site I recognized some of the people from my class at Grammar School so I e-mailed a couple of them. (Deb if you're reading this I did reply to your e-mail but it had no return address - leave me a comment I'd love to stay in touch.) So I'm now in touch with Helen and on Tuesday during our weekly phonecall Mum told me she'd run into the son of a friend of hers that I thought had left the village for good. I used to really fancy him (but never did anything about it) so I shall not say his name here a) so I don't embarrass him and b) in case he didn't realize how I felt about him back then. God I sound like a love struck schoolgirl!

No comments: