Pages

Oct 10, 2008

The Graveyard Book and an arc by Barry Eisler

I borrowed a copy of Neil Gaiman's new book - as we didn't have an arc well not one I could find. Gaiman seems to be able to write for most genres and The Graveyard Book is aimed at younger kids. It's the story of Nobody Owens or Bod. His family died in unpleasant circumstances and it seems that young Bod is about to be next when he's saved by the Graveyard up the hill and its' inhabitants. With ghosts as parents and teachers and Silas who only comes out at night as his guardian Bod grows towards adulthood but the people who killed his family have never stopped looking for him. This book is a funny, scary, sweet coming of age story as only Neil Gaiman can tell it.

Finally got around to putting a pic on this site - it's the same one I've just changed my facebook one to. As my friends and family know only too well point a camera at me and don't expect good results (unless you're our wedding photographer!) Chris knows how to take sneaky ones (he's the one closest to the camera - obviously).

The Eisler arc called Fault Line isn't a John Rain - it seems he really has retired his ethical assassin and I can read this one a little slower it's not out until March next year.

No comments: