Pages

Jun 25, 2009

Thereby hangs a tail

I've only just started this but already I love it - Spencer Quin's lovable canine PI Chet is probing a case of skullduggery in the world of show dogs and trying to keep owner Bernie Little of the Little Detective Agency solvent.

This is totally out of left field but last night I was chatting with a lady about books and she gave me this brilliant tip. If you have a lot of books, like me and all the other worker bees at TKE after a bit of storage time they start to smell musty. Instead of throwing away your used dryer sheets keep them and insert a sheet between the pages of say every fifth book it will keep the musty smell away. Don't do this if you have a priceless collection of first editions!

And - this is huge - well for me anyway - we are getting an arc of a Lovejoy book - which means one of two things. Either they are re-issuing the entire series or someone else has taken over the reins from Jonathan Gash. Will post when I know more.

No comments: