Pages

Jan 1, 2010

Happy New Decade

Back in the US after what can only be described as a really good run of luck. Apart from having trouble staying awake I'm ready for 2010. I'll post a bunch of reviews in just a moment but just a quick mention of the Andy McDermott series featuring Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase - perfect on-plane reading! I didn't actually start Tomb of Hercules until the jet bridge froze at Manchester leaving us stuck on the plane (hey it could've been worse the flights behind us got diverted to Amsterdam!) Having finished that one I went in search of the next three - only managed to buy two - and I found them on our return trip at Manchester airport. The Hunt for Excalibur was dispatched on the flight back to Atlanta. I had to take a couple of breaks - not because the book was running out of steam - I was! These are action adventures with a bit of ancient history thrown in and a great back story and unlike a lot of this type of novel they are set in the present and use technology that exists. If you're a fan of Matt Reilly's Jack West series or know someone who is then these are for you.

No comments: