Pages

Feb 25, 2010

Thoughts on The Lonely Polygamist

We have Brady Udall coming to the store in May and everyone who has read this loved it. There will be so much buzz for this book that I don't have to post a review. I do however have a few observations. I'm all for live and let live but every Polygamist much be permanently knackered. First you need the organisational skills of a four star general to co-ordinate the houses, the 18 kids and which of the four (or however many) wives gets to spend the night with hubby. Second there's the jealousy factor, I can't imagine sharing Chris with anyone else but one wife must through a combination of bribery and wiles become the favourite and that must royally tick the other wives off. Funny and sad in equal measure and so not my usual book but this is 'say yes week' and I'm glad I did. The book is published in April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's BRADY Udall. Haven't read the book yet, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Mystery Girl said...

Oops! my bad - I'll fix that.