Pages

Jul 13, 2010

Re-reads #1

During arc droughts - like now - I turn to my own shelves, not all of these are still in print and not all are available in the US but these are my top ten re-reads.

Fury - Colin Forbes - A spy thriller, one of his best because he wove in the real life death of his wife.
Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett - Comedy version of the Omen - still makes me laugh out loud.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson - no explanation necessary.
Death of An Expert Witness - PD James - my first PD James, read so many times the binding has come adrift.
Silverstone - Bob Judd - A formula one racing thriller.
Thunderball - Ian Fleming - like your Bond more Daniel Craig than Roger Moore - this one's for you.
Notes from a Small Island - Bill Bryson - Bryson's book on his time in England.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K Rowling - I'm re-reading the lot.
Trading with the Enemy - Charles Higham - difficult to get hold of and not an easy read.
Eating Up Italy - Charles Fort - food writer takes Vespa to Italy.

No comments: