Pages

Oct 12, 2011

Revelations (don't worry they're not the biblical kind)

I've had some comments about the lack of reviews lately - it's OK I haven't developed an aversion to reading but the last few months editing has been more important and I'm pleased to say after heaven knows how many iterations we're done!  This throws up a whole completely different sent of problems - which as a close-to-getting-published-author are good ones to have.  I have a couple of people 'in the industry' who have agreed to read the finished ms.  And ( trust me on this )  when I go for it I really go for it ; I've sent my ms to Kirkus indie for a review.  So while we were breakfasting this morning I was in two minds - literally.  Whilst one part of me was laughing and joking with the others, the other half was running through today's pre-pub to-do list.  I do have a competitive side to my nature and I was just having this big 'oh my god' moment where I'm realising that rather than my analytic side or my problem-solving skills or my bubbly personality which has landed me every job I've ever interviewed for (except the one at the greengrocers - don't ever ask me to weigh plums) for the first time I'm testing my creative self, and what if that side is found wanting.

Just then Ann said the perfect thing, she said not everyone that starts writing a book completes it.  That in itself is a huge achievement.  And you know what - she's right.  Whatever happens, I had a hell of a lot of fun writing it and I created the project from scratch.

No comments: