Pages

Aug 23, 2012

Princes and Fobbits

I loved The Little Book by Seldon Edwards but assumed it was a one-off. So I was startled yesterday to see a brand new Edwards title. The Lost Prince takes up pretty much where the first book ended. Eleanor Puttnam returns from Vienna, with three precious items, the most important one (considered by Sigmund Freud to be the ravings of a madman and by Eleanor to be a blueprint that will create a dynasty) predicts two world wars, and other fixed points in history.

The blueprint starts to unravel when Eleanor's protege perishes in the first world war. He was a key part of her plan. Has history been changed by her actions? So far (I read a bunch on my break last night) this is a worthy follow-up.

Another title I've heard a lot about but haven't seen an arc for-until yesterday-is Fobbit, a dark (this is a guess) comedy set during the Iraq war. I plan to read this over the weekend.

No comments: