Pages

Jan 1, 2014

Never heard of S J Bolton?

Nope, neither had I until I happened to be thumbing through 'Deadly Pleasures best books of 2013' and saw the blurb for her book, Dead Scared. I was a bit confused at the time because I saw the SJ and tacked Watson onto the end of it. SJ Watson wrote Before I Go To Sleep so you can see how easy it was to make that mistake.

Having worked this out I ordered a copy of Now You See Me, the first in the Lacey Flint series and wow. Even though the book is about a serial killer who seems to want to keep young DC Flint very close to the case, it's not that gory, your imagination fills in the blanks. The plot is the definition of twisty turn-y and just when you think you know what's going on the action shifts. It's clever without arrows saying 'look at me I'm clever' I loved it. Dead Scared is on order. NB Bolton has written other stand alone books, including Awakening, Lost and Blood Sacrifice.

No comments: