Pages

Feb 15, 2016

An occasional series

A not unusual customer question at the bookstore is 'tell me what you're reading right now'. My stock answer to that one is 'how long have you got' because I can give them one book idea or I can give them five or ten depending on if they're on their way to dinner or stopped in for a leisurely browse.

Combine that with a conversation my husband and I had the other day about one book leading to another (or book cascades as I call them)and Brian Grazer's book on curiosity and it occurred to me that it would be cool to get a snapshot of what people are reading (and loving) right now. Old, new, much loved, classic?

Here's an example, last week I read Stiletto (June 2016), reread Good Omens (1990) reread The Witch of Painted Sorrows (2015) and started reading The Secret Language of Stones (July 2016)

You know what I'm reading because I blurb what I read. I, however don't know what you're reading and I want to. If you are interested reply in the comments and I'll explain how this works. Who knows maybe we can turn it into book lunch. I think we'll call it 'Seven Days in the Book World'





 




No comments: