Pages

Mar 10, 2016

The right song at the right time

Those who know me well know how much I love to have music in the background when I write and my allegiances shift. First it was Itunes (which I still have but only use when travelling) then it was Pandora and for the last couple of years Spotify has been my go to. I'm writing a scene about a character going into a club, a karaoke club. What would they sing? Would they sing? or does this character have a voice like a cracked bell and only go full welly on Adele songs in the shower.

Spotify has this thing called 'Discovery' where every week they try and generate a play list based on what you've been listening to and they always get it wrong because my musical tastes are so eclectic. Until yesterday, when it popped up with Alison Moyet's Ole Devil Called Love as I was working on that scene. My character could totally sing that!

Funny thing is, now I want to do karaoke...

No comments: