Pages

Apr 9, 2009

Shaking things up a bit.

I've been reading a lot of articles about the way we book people review new and favourite books. It used to be that a quick blurb and word of mouth would be enough to inspire interest in a title. Recently we've been putting our name-bookmarks into new books which we really like or old favourites that we can't put on a display because there are only a few copies but the big box stores are starting to put up video reviews and it occurred to me that with a webcam and a wee bit of practice I could do that too. Another thing I'm considering is posting photos of the front of the book along with the review so that people can see what the cover looks like and therefore don't go to their local indie bookstore and go 'it's got a blue cover'.

Your comments would be welcome - either through the blog, facebook, e-mail, face-to-face or family can Skype me.

No comments: