Pages

Jun 11, 2009

Bogged Down

I'm having a really hard time with Shadow of the Wind - it's not a bad book far from it but I just haven't had that bumping into furniture moment with it. I know I will read it eventually but just not now. Still sending out the submissions and because I'm signed up for publisher's lunch I did Atria's Galley Grab one of which is the new Chet and Bernie - the follow-up to Dog On It by Spencer Quinn. The Atlantis arc is good and it seems there are a number of novels coming out one of the galleys was an Atlantis action thriller. Also yikes! we have ten copies of Farm City in the store it's a timely book but 10 is a lot of copies to sell in a week. Oh well, here goes.

One caveat - again to do with Agent Query. Always, always double check their information. One of the agents name's was misspelled on their site and another agent listed a one page summary which wasn't in the guidelines put up on AQ's site. AQ do a great job just don't follow them blindly - the number one turn-off to an agent is having their name spelt wrong.

No comments: