Pages

Aug 19, 2009

Kid in a candy store

The absolute last thing I should be doing is seeing reading material everywhere. I've got blurbs to do for next month's Inkslinger but yesterday I did just that. Rizzo's War is coming along nicely and the story proper is just starting but I'm halfway through the book which means that the characters are well-established and on my break I was supposed to be reading that but...Terry Goodkind's new one The Law of Nines (it's The Rule of Nines oops!) caught my eye. Several chapters later it was still holding my attention. Goodkind normally writes sci-fi but this is a newly published mystery thriller and we didn't have an arc for it which kind of bummed me out but served as a reminder to concentrate on the book in hand. Then in the back room I saw another search for Atlantis based thriller but I mananged to resist - just and finally the awesome and wonderful Sally who I worked with last night managed to snaffle an arc of Lev Grossman's The Magicians which she will pass on to me after she's read it.

No comments: