Pages

Oct 24, 2009

What I read this week and a tough decision

Finished Gutshot Straight - good - comes in out in January of next year. Don't quite get the title. I would've said that was my favourite read of the week and then along comes Noah Boyd's The Bricklayer and consider me blown away. First in what I hope will be a long series, unputdownable with plenty of pace, twists and suspense but you'll have to wait until Feburary 2010 to get your hands on it. Next up Shades of Gray the new Jaspar Fforde.

The tough decision, losing the opening sequence of Tball - all 50 pages of it (gulp!). On the re-read it was too pedestrian and didn't reflect the growth or increased responsibility of the character. I'm sure the ripple effect will catch me out further down the line and I'm sorry my 'fixer' had to go but maybe I can use him for something else.

No comments: