Pages

Dec 17, 2007

Last post of 2007

Hopefully - we go on Thursday and the forecast is snow and lots of it, anyway 2012 I'm still reading this because it's the kind of book that doesn't reward skimming. I can understand why it's in the philosophy section but it could also be classified as bio/nature and just plain woo. Daniel Pinchbeck covers a multitude of subjects, ufo's (avoid that bit - woo alert!) his journeys into the amazon rainforest to take psychedelic compounds to open his mind as he puts it. He posits that 2012 won't be the end of the world just a change of mindset less material and more spiritual and no that doesn't mean I'm going to start going to church. He talks about us being slaves to time and that I really do get, while I was reading this chapter three timers were beeping at me from various parts of the house, each demanding my attention. I'm buying this one - not for me - a friend back home will eat this up. Hawke didn't get started so that and The Golden Compass will be my on- plane reading.

See you in 2008!

No comments: