Pages

Jul 26, 2009

Read and Reading

I finished Elegance of the Hedgehog partly because I've been laid out by some weird bug for the last 2 or 3 days. I really didn't like the ending but overall not bad. I liked Hammer, I thought Stockbridge's London very much like the one Holmes and Mary Russell inhabit and the book isn't too long either - under 300 pages. It doesn't give the conclusion I was expecting and that didn't bother me. The all-seeing narrator took a while to get used to. I gave the Rosner 50 pages but it didn't make me want to go any further - note to self I think I prefer my murders fictional - this is a non fiction account of the notorious Burke and Hare murders.

One arc - The Violet Hour by Daniel Judson - dropped in thanks to Minotaur. I have requested tons but they always seem to get lost in the system so this time as Sue suggested I asked them to send it home and that worked. Violet Hour is set from 'mischief night October 29th through the 'day of the dead' Nov 2nd and I'm well over 100 pages into it. I'm doing this now because I have bookclub tonight and tomorrow I'm going to take the laptop somewhere shady and just write.

No comments: