Pages

Aug 14, 2009

Good job I'm organized

Getting an agent is a little like speed dating - you have to impress them right off the bat if you are going to get another date - or in my case a request for a partial. Now this works both ways, I got a snail mail rejection yesterday that didn't even give the name of the agent I submitted to which would've left me scratching my head if I hadn't set up a submission spreadsheet. I know these people are busy I read Nathan Bransford's blog and I even participated in his agent for a day competition. In my old job we had form letters for all of the consultants, we could get up to 500 applications in a day if a file ended up in the no box I simply printed out a copy of the letter and left it for the appropriate chap to sign or initial when there were a lot. Off my soapbox and back to Hunger Games.

No comments: