Pages

Apr 24, 2011

Weren't books small back in 1992?

The first Kate Shugak mystery is a feather-light 199 pages, but it still packs a punch.  The character appears fully-formed you almost think you've come in a book late.  I've never really been that interested in Alaska especially now but I  have to say the book brought the place alive for me.  I will definitely be reading more - when I can get my hands on them.  A small aside - I wonder if the thriller Whiteout borrowed heavily from Stabenow's books.

So back to small books - most titles doesn't matter what the genre are around 400 pages these days but more pages means you can charge more for them.

Started Stagestruck by Peter Lovesey yesterday. Now this is another series I need to pick up from the beginning.   I hope these are all set in and around Bath - its one of my favourite cities.

No comments: